The Information and Communication Technology Office of Rift Valley University, ensure the delivery of Information and Communication Technology services to the university’s various functional units based on their needs. Rift Valley University has recognized the role of ICT as an enabler for the attainment of its goals and strategic objectives. The directorate is also accountable to the V/president of Research and Technology Transfer.
To effectively conceive, develop, implement, utilize, and manage appropriate information systems in order to provide integrated, coordinated and customer-focused quality ICT services to Rift Valley University.
To provide ICT services to Rift Valley University.
- To identify, acquire and install relevant ICT resources and implement the technology transfer University-wide.
- To manage operations and maintenance of ICT resources.
- To manage databases of information systems.
- To train end-users on computer literacy and offer end-user computing support.
- To offer technical advice and consultancy on acquisition of ICT resources.
- Planning, implementation and development of ICT infrastructure.